- How Deliveries works
- Benefits of using Deliveries
- Deliveries key features
- How to get started with Deliveries
How Deliveries works
Deliveries is a digital solution that helps you manage packages and deliveries that arrive at your office.
- You use your phone to snap a photo of each delivery’s shipping label. Envoy uses optical character recognition to “read” the recipient’s name and match it with an employee in your directory.
- Then, that person gets automatically notified to pick up their delivery. When they come to the designated delivery area, they’ll collect their package. They can mark it as ‘picked up’ in one of two ways: either on an (optional) iPad kiosk or directly from their notification.
- If the delivery doesn’t get picked up in a timely manner, Envoy Deliveries can send automatic reminders on the schedule of your choice.
Envoy Deliveries is free to use for up to 100 deliveries per month across all your company's delivery areas. And if you have a more active office, annual pricing starts at $159 per month, per delivery area.
Benefits of using Deliveries
- Save the time you spend transcribing names, notifying recipients and organizing mountains of packages.
- You need less room for storage when deliveries are collected quickly. Reclaim your extra office space!
- At-a-glance analytics and a real-time inventory updates provide key insights into your office operations.
- Employees love knowing exactly when their deliveries arrive and where to pick them up.
- Deliveries is flexible enough to use anywhere—no matter if you receive deliveries at your front desk or in a formal package room.
Deliveries key features
The first step is recording a new delivery. With Envoy Deliveries, you don’t need a barcode scanner or special equipment. All you need is your phone.
To record a delivery, just open the Envoy Deliveries mobile app (available on iOS and Android) and snap a photo of the shipping label. The rest happens automatically. The name on the label is processed and the delivery is added to your delivery log.
Envoy Deliveries will alert your team members when their deliveries are recorded. These instant, automatic notifications mean you’ll never have to manually call or message someone to pick up their deliveries. Currently, notifications can be sent via email and Slack—and more notification methods are coming soon!
When deliveries are not picked up, you can send reminder notifications on your preferred schedule. Administrators can enable or disable the snooze feature, which allows recipients to pause their notifications for one week—particularly handy when they’re out of office.
Lastly, nicknames can help ensure that the right person gets notified for the right deliveries. Here’s an example. An IT team frequently orders new computers and hardware, and the deliveries are often addressed to IT Department. You could create a nickname for the IT manager so they receive all the notifications for deliveries addressed to IT department.
Recipients must mark their deliveries as ‘picked up’ when they come to collect them. Otherwise, Envoy Deliveries will not know they’ve been collected. Until a delivery is marked as ‘picked up,’ the recipient will continue to receive reminder notifications.
There are two ways a recipient can mark a delivery as ‘picked up.’ First, the delivery or reminder notification has a “Mark as picked up” button. The recipient can simply click this button.
The second option is recommended. You can set up a delivery pick-up kiosk in your delivery area. The kiosk is easy to set up and use—it’s simply an iPad with the Envoy Deliveries kiosk app downloaded on it.
A recipient will type their name in the kiosk and see the deliveries available for pickup. They’ll select them, and mark them as picked up. Optionally, you can require a photo or signature at time of pick-up for additional package room security.
Having analytics around deliveries can help you make smart business decisions. Key insights like the number of deliveries logged and number picked up can help you allocate space and understand just how much time and effort go into managing your team’s deliveries.
How to get started with Deliveries
Adding Deliveries to your Envoy account impacts billing, so only Global Admins can start an Envoy Deliveries trial.
- Go to envoy.com/deliveries.
- Enter your work email address at the top of the page and click “Sign up.”
- Complete the guided account setup steps.
- Download the Envoy Deliveries mobile app, which is available for download on the App Store for iOS devices and Google Play for Android devices.
- Grab a package or a piece of mail.
- Open the Envoy Deliveries mobile app, and tap “Add delivery” to log your first delivery.