- What are my permissions as a Deliveries Admin
- How do I scan a new delivery?
- Why did the package not automatically match to it's recipient?
- When will employees receive notifications about their packages?
- About notifications and pick-up
What are my permissions as a Deliveries Admin?
Deliveries Admins are given location-level access to the Envoy dashboard. You’ll have different permissions depending on which part of the dashboard you’re trying to access. If you think you need access to parts of that dashboard that are currently restricted, talk to your Location or Global Admin(s).
You can view, edit and manage all deliveries that appear on the delivery log. This includes updating delivery details, resending notifications, changing pickup status and deleting deliveries.
The app includes a deliveries log, which also gives you access to view, edit and manage all deliveries for your locations.
Settings & billing
Deliveries Admins do not have access to change the Deliveries settings or access company billing details.
How do I scan a new delivery?
- In the Deliveries Mobile app, click the + button at the bottom of the screen.
- If your location has multiple Delivery Areas, press the top section to choose which area you are scanning deliveries for.
- Center the label on the screen and take a photo. Make sure the recipients name is readable by the camera.
Why did the package not automatically match to it’s recipient?
There are a few reasons a scanned package may not be matched to its recipient. If a package does not match, you can manually select the recipient or delete the record and try scanning again.
The most common reason is the readability of the photo - blurry photos, low lighting, bad angles, and damaged labels can prevent the recipient’s name from properly being recognized.
Packages may not match correctly if the employee is missing from your team’s directory, or is using another name. For example, a package addressed to “Liz Barnes” may not match if the employee is listed as “Elizabeth Barnes” in the directory. You can check which employees are listed in the directory via the dashboard, and an admin can set up a Nickname for the employee via the settings.
When will employees receive notifications about their packages?
Notification settings for location are set by your admin. In addition to turning all notifications on or off, they will be able to set up:
- Notification Delay - Whether notifications are sent immediately after being matched with a recipient, or after a delay. This can give you time to organize packages before employees come to pick them up.
- Reminder notifications - How often employees are sent reminder notifications about picking up their package.
- Snooze notifications - Allowing recipients to temporarily disable all notifications. This is useful for when an employee is traveling for work, or on vacation.
- Notification schedule - Your mailroom may only give employees access to pick up packages at a certain time of day. A notification schedule makes sure that messages are only sent in a set window, so that employees aren’t prompted to pick up their package when the mailroom is closed.
About notifications and pickup
If your location has reminder notifications set up, employees will continue to receive notifications until the package is “Marked as picked up”.
There are a few ways to mark a delivery as picked up: from the notification email, via the web dashboard or mobile app, or from the Deliveries pickup kiosk app. Additionally, you will be able to mark a delivery as picked up too.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, feel free to contact us.