- Create invites in bulk
- How to create invites in Bulk
- Send the invite email
- Sign in visitors from the dashboard
If you’re expecting a large group of visitors, the pre-registration feature can help you speed up the sign-in process. In this article, we recommend some best practices when using pre-registration for group sign-in.
Since pre-registration allows you to create invites for expected visitors, the example group cited in this article is a group of ten visitors who are attending a meeting. If you’re looking for more tips on using Envoy Visitors for large events like meetups, conferences or parties, please read Tips for using Visitors at events.
Create invites in bulk
If you’re using pre-registration specifically to improve group sign-in, our first helpful tip is to create all of your invites at once. This is easy to do, and it is much faster than filling out an invite form for each person you’re expecting.
Note: For security reasons, we limit how many bulk invites can be created at once over a 24 hour period. If you hit this limit, please reach out to [email protected] and we’ll be happy to assist.
Note: For Basic plans, there is a 25 bulk invite limit per day with infinite amount of individual invites.
How to create invites in bulk
- Go to Visitors > Invites.
- Click “New invite.” You’ll be taken to the invite form.
- Select Group invite from the top navigation.
- Select the correct location and visitor type.
- Optional: Enter a Group name that you can use reference these visitors in the logs.
- You can either type in or paste the invite details in the grid below.Tip: If you prefer to manually enter the information instead of pasting, note that the Arrival date column has a date picker, and the Host column will search your employee directory.
- Optional: Check the Send invite email box if you want to send these people an email confirming their upcoming visit, and select whether the Group name should be included in the subject of the invite.
- Click “Create invites.”
Note: Any invites without errors will be created and accessible on your Invites > Dashboard. If any fields contain errors, you’ll be able to view the error, adjust the invite, and resubmit.
Send the invite email
Include arrival details
As a reminder, the invite email is an optional email you can send to visitors when you create their invites. It contains the visitor and host names, meeting time, and location address.
Use a group name when creating the invites. Including the group name in the invite email will let your guests know why they are being invited.
Encourage visitors to complete your sign-in before they arrive
Another big benefit of the pre-registration for group sign-in? Visitors can pre-register themselves. This means that they can fill out the sign-in fields and, if enabled, sign any legal documents and take a photo in advance. To do so, they’ll click the “Check in now” button in the pre-registration email. When they arrive and sign in on the iPad, they’ll be asked to confirm their information is correct, then are instantly signed in.
Use the invite dashboard when visitors arrive
Any visitor, whether they have an invite or not, can sign in on the iPad. But if you have a large group of invited visitors, we have one top tip to speed up sign-in:
Use the invite dashboard! The invite dashboard shows a list of who’s invited each day, but is also can be used for much more.
Follow along with this example to learn more:
- Imagine a group of ten visitors attending a meeting at your office. You followed the tips above, so all visitors received the pre-registration email.
- Today is the day of your meeting, and all ten visitors arrive at once.
Check if they signed legal documents
- You take a look at your invite dashboard, and you see that five visitors have been here before. They already have a signed legal document(s) on file that they signed from a previous visit.
- Three other visitors have a signed legal document on file, too—they signed in advance when they pre-registered.
This means you have a signed legal document on file for all eight of these visitors.
Sign in visitors from the dashboard
Since you already have their sign-in details and signed legal document on file, you can turn their invite into an entry with just a couple clicks. This means they can skip the iPad all together.
- Go to Visitors > Invites.
- To sign in one invited visitor, locate their invite.Click the ellipsis (…) icon to the right of the invite information.From the dropdown, select “Sign in.”
- To sign in multiple invited visitors, select multiple invites by clicking the check boxes to the left of the name.Click “Sign in” at the top.
Attend to remaining visitors
The two remaining visitors do not have a signed legal document on file. If your office requires a signed document, you can simply direct them to sign in on the iPad.