- How moving deliveries works
- Benefits of moving deliveries
- How to move deliveries to another delivery area
How moving deliveries works
From time to time you may need to move deliveries from one delivery area to another. This feature can be handy for one-off deliveries that get incorrectly recorded, or you can build it in to your delivery workflow. Here’s an example.
Some companies record all incoming deliveries at the front desk and store them there until the end of the day. Then, they’re moved to a mailroom or package room. With this feature, you can update the delivery area for all packages when you physically move them. When you move deliveries, recipients get an automatic notification about the new pick-up location.
Note: Any administrator can move deliveries to any delivery area. If Location Admin or Front Desk Admins move deliveries to a location where they do not have permissions, they will loose access to that delivery.
Benefits of moving deliveries
- More flexibility to manage deliveries.
- Recipients always know where to pick up their packages.
- Easy of use—you can move multiple deliveries in just a few clicks.
How to move deliveries to another delivery area
Moving deliveries from web
- Go to go to Deliveries > Delivery log.
- Click the check box to the left of the delivery photo to select one or more deliveries.
- A new menu will appear at the top of the delivery log. Click “More actions” and select “Move.”
- When prompted, select the delivery area you’d like to move the deliveries to.
- Click “Move X deliveries.” The recipient will be automatically notified that their delivery has moved.
You can also move deliveries one at a time by editing the delivery area in the delivery detail view.
Moving delivery from mobile
- Open the Envoy Deliveries mobile app.
- Tap a delivery area.
- Select the delivery you’d like to move.
- Tap “Edit” in the top right corner.
- Tap on the Delivery area field, and select the delivery area you’d like to move the delivery to.
- Tap “Done.” The recipient will be automatically notified that their delivery has moved.