There are three ways you can set up your Google calendar to connect with Envoy Rooms. We highly recommend that you use option one setting up a service account as a super admin. However, if your company would rather not we also have the other options available.
Below are the two options
- Assign a service account a super admin role (recommended)
- Individually give permissions for each calendar
Assign a service account a Super Admin role
- Log into https://admin.google.com/ as an admin.
- Click on Users.
- Click on the user (the email address you wish to authenticate with) that you have used with Envoy Rooms.
4. Scroll to the Admin roles and privileges section & click ASSIGN ROLES.
5. Assign the Super Admin role.
Individually give permissions for each calendar
- Log into https://admin.google.com/ as a Super Admin.
- Visit https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ and click the Settings gear at the top right.
- Go to the calendar for the failed room and share the calendar with the service account used to connect to Envoy.
- Find "Share with specific people" and click Add people.
- Find the name of the service account used to authenticate into Envoy.
6. Make sure they are set to "Make changes to events".
Note: We don't recommend this method because it is very manual. If you create a new room you will have to remember to do this every time.