- How calendar authentication works
- Preparing to connect your calendar
- Creating Room Resources
- Options for Authenticating
- Granting access to your team's calendar
- Removing access to your team's calendar
Why does Envoy need to connect with you team's calendars?
Envoy Rooms is an application that works on top of your existing calendar provider. Currently, Envoy integrates with Google’s G Suite Calendar or with Microsoft Office 365.
Once you have Envoy Rooms set up, it will add an additional workflow option that your team can use to create and manage meetings. An employee can book a room from Google/Microsoft, they way they typically might, or via Envoy directly (at the room or on mobile).
Our calendar integration pulls in real-time event data, so bookings and schedule changes are always up to date.
How calendar authentication works
To connect Envoy with your team’s calendar provider, you’ll need to authenticate using an Admin or Service Account email that has both read and write permissions.
Envoy will need access to 2 things: Calendar Resources (aka Rooms) and Events
TIP: We suggest using a Service Account who has admin permissions for all the rooms you wish to add to Envoy. Please grant Envoy the most minimal permissions possible while still allowing us to connect.
Preparing to connect your calendar
In order to use Envoy Rooms, you’ll need to have a calendar configured for each of your rooms within your calendar provider. If you’ve already done this, you can skip ahead to reviewing the options for authenticating, or directly to the steps for connecting your calendars.
Creating Room Resources
- Here's is Google's help documentation for creating a Room resource: https://support.google.com/a/answer/1033925
NOTE: If you don't book your Room's by clicking
Add rooms or locations, the Rooms will not appear in Envoy. Please see the above article for setting up Room Resources properly.
- Here's Office 365's help documentation for creating a Room resource: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/admin/manage/room-and-equipment-mailboxes?view=o365-worldwide#set-up-room-and-equipment-mailboxes
Options for Authenticating
To give Envoy access, you will need to authenticate into your company calendar, using an account that has admin (read and write) permissions.
For Google, we recommend that you follow the principle of least privilege. This means it is best to connect using an email that has the minimum amount of permissions needed.
There's three separate ways that you can give access to Envoy. Please check out our Preparing your Google Calendar help doc.
We require a super admin to authenticate and allow read and write permissions to your calendar. Once this is done, Envoy will be an Enterprise Application within Azure.
Granting access to your team's calendar
- Click on Rooms in the left hand panel of the dashboard.
- Click on whichever calendar type pertains to your company, either Outlook or Google calendar.
- For Outlook you'll log into your super admin account. For Google you will log into your service account through the modal that pops up and grant access to read and write.
Tip: If you would prefer to have a service account authenticate instead of your Global admin for Office 365, we do offer an alternative method of connecting.
2. Once you accept, a list of Rooms will appear. You will select all the rooms that should be paired to that location.
3. Once complete, if you have rooms you'll be connecting with Envoy Rooms at other office locations, you'll need to assign the rooms to the other locations. Click on the location drop down menu at the top left and change the location. Then select the rooms that will be paired to that location.
Removing access to your team's calendar
In case you authenticated with an email you didn't mean to use, or you simply want to re-pair your calendars, you can do this from the dashboard.
- Go to Rooms on the left hand side of the dashboard
- Click on Settings
- Under Calendar account you will see the linked account
- Click on the 3 dots to the right and click Remove calendar.
Note: Removing the calendar will unpair the iPads connected to the room.