- Supported languages
- Setting the default language for your team and visitors
- Supporting multiple languages on the kiosk
Visitors supports 23 languages: Arabic, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Thai.
Setting the default language for your team and visitors
Your kiosk and the notifications Envoy sends your team will appear in your default language. To change this to a different language, follow the steps below
- Go to Visitors > Settings > Account.
- Under Advanced settings, find Language, and click “Edit.”
- Click the dropdown and select your desired language from the list.
- Click “Save.” Note that Envoy will not automatically translate your legal documents. We recommend working with your legal team if you choose to translate these and configure a version corresponding to each language.
Your default language must be set to English to customize your host notification text. In any other language, this text will return to its default.
Note: The dashboard language is set to English and does not change with the default language of the company. To switch the view to another language you will need to change your browser language.
Supporting multiple languages on the kiosk
You can give visitors the option to sign in in different languages. When you add a language, Envoy creates a translated version of your sign-in flow that visitors can select from the kiosk’s welcome screen.
Once a visitor finishes signing in, the kiosk will return to the default language.
Add languages to your kiosk to give your visitors options when they sign-in. For each language you choose to support, Visitors creates a translated copy of your sign-in flow that guests can activate from the kiosk’s welcome screen. Add a language in a few clicks.
- Navigate to Visitors > Settings > Welcome screen > Multiple languages.
- Select “Edit.”
- Choose a language to add from the dropdown.
- Click “Save.”
Managing translations - Sign-in flow
When you add a language, Envoy translates your sign-in flow automatically. We recommend reviewing these translations for accuracy. Follow these steps to see and edit your translations.
To review translations of your sign-in flow:
- Navigate to Visitors > Settings > Sign-in flow > General.
- Click the “Manage translations” button next to Visitor type name to edit the name for that particular language.
- Click "Save."
- When finished, go to Visitors > Settings > Sign-in flow > Sign-in fields and click "Manage translations" below the sign-in fields.
- Select the language from the drop-down and type the desired translation.
- Click “Save.”
- If you change the name of a visitor type or sign-in field in your default language, your translations will update to match. However, editing a translated version of your sign-in flow will not update your other translations to match.
- You will have to do this one language at a time by selected the language you wish to edit and then changing the fields.
Legal documents are not automatically translated when you add a language and will continue to appear in your default language. Once you’ve added multiple languages to your kiosk, follow these steps to add translated legal documents:
- Navigate to Visitors > Settings > Sign-in flow > legal documents.
- Scroll down to the legal document text section.
- Click the drop-down to select which language of your sign-in flow you’d like to edit.
4. Paste in the translated version of your document.
5. Click “Save document” to apply the changes.
6. Optional, select the "returning visitors must re-sign the revised document." checkbox to ensure that all visitors have signed the correct document for their respective language.
When a Visitor switches to use this language on the Welcome Screen, they will now see the translated text you pasted into the legal document text box.
Your Final screen will remain in your default language. You can add your own translation for each language you support.
To edit translations of your final screen:
- Navigate to Visitors > Settings > Sign-in flow > Final screen.
- Select which language of your sign-in flow you would like to edit.
3. Add the translated text.
4. Click the “Save” button.