- How does this integration work?
- How visitors experience screening
- What happens when there's a match
- Enabling the Envoy + Visual Compliance integration
- Configuring the Envoy + Visual Compliance integration
How does this integration work?
With the Envoy + Visual Compliance integration, Envoy will alert your team if visitors match to restricted parties in Visual Compliance. When a visitor is invited or signs in with Envoy, Visual Compliance will automatically check if their information appears on any lists of restricted parties you’ve selected in Visual Compliance.
You can opt to screen all visitors or only certain visitor types and configure what information is included in checks to get broader or more exact matches.
How visitors experience screening
Visitors will have no way of knowing that they are being screened or that they’ve matched a restricted party in Visual Compliance. If you would like to proactively let visitors know that they will be screened and collect their consent, you can use Envoy’s data privacy features or the communication channel of your choosing to do so.
What happens when there’s a match
When a visitor returns a match in Visual Compliance, Envoy notifies the administrators you’ve designated to receive alerts. These people will receive alerts through the preferred notification channels set in their profile.
Here’s what these alerts will look like:
You will need to log in to your Visual Compliance account to review the results of the check.
If you click into a visitor details or invite details page, you can also see if that visitor matched any restricted parties in Visual Compliance.
Enabling the Envoy + Visual Compliance integration
- Start by emailing the Visual Compliance team at [email protected] to obtain an Envoy-specific security number and password. You will use this to connect your Envoy and Visual Compliance accounts.
Tip: If you’re not already using Visual Compliance, you can try it for free by emailing [email protected].
- In your Envoy dashboard, navigate to Visitors > Settings > Security and click “Install” next to Visual Compliance.
- Enter the security number and password Visual Compliance provided and click “Connect.”
Configuring the Envoy + Visual Compliance integration
Setting up alerts
To alert administrators of matches outside of the visitor log, add their name in the Alerts section. These people will receive alerts via their preferred notification channels.
Enabling screening by visitor type
Visual Compliance screening is enabled by visitor type and is off for all visitor types by default. To enable Visual Compliance for a visitor type:
- Head to Visitors > Settings > Sign-in flow and select the visitor type you would like to screen.
- Under the Security tab, find Visual Compliance, then click “Enable.”
- Repeat for any other visitor types where you would like to enable screening with Visual Compliance.
As you enable Visual Compliance by visitor type, you will see this reflected on Visitors > Settings > Security.
Managing what’s included in checks
You have the choice to include a visitor’s Full name, City (which includes City, State, and Country), and Company, in any combination, in checks. For more exact matches, include all three in checks. For broader matches, check Full names only.
When selected, fields for “City” and “Company” will be added to your sign-in flow.