Microsoft Teams is a business communication platform developed by Microsoft which allows you to host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone inside or outside your organization or go big with live events.
Envoy will automatically send a Microsoft Teams direct message to your employees when their visitors arrive.
Envoy + Microsoft Teams FAQ
Q: What are the prerequisites for Microsoft Teams?
A: You need a Microsoft Office 365 account to access Teams. You will need to be a Global admin within O365 to manage app setup policies.
Q: Does the Envoy Bot send a direct message in Teams?
A: Yes, the Envoy Bot will DM directly via chat that you have a visitor. It will not notify the entire Team chat.
Enabling the Envoy + Microsoft Teams integration
1. Go to Integrations > All integrations.
2. Under host notifications, find Microsoft Teams. Click “Install” and then “Connect Account”.
3. Authenticate with Microsoft Office 365. If you are not currently logged into Office 365, you will be prompted to do so.
• If you are not an admin you will see a modal that says "Need admin approval"
4. Under Step 2 "Complete Setup" you will see the option to globally install teams. Please follow the instructions on the page very closely.
5. If you choose not to globally install, then you MUST add the bot to the Team and all users within the Team will receive the DMs.
5. Click "Save Configuration". And you're done!
6. To receive notifications from the Envoy bot, an employee must be listed with the same email address both in your employee directory and in Microsoft Teams.
• We recommend testing the notification because a notification will be sent for each visitor to their host. On the Envoy Visitors app, sign yourself in as a test visitor, select yourself as the host, and review the notification you receive from the Envoy bot.
Global install Envoy for Teams
Go to the Teams Admin dashboard
Select "Teams apps" -> "Setup policies"
Edit or add a new setup policy for all users
Once the policy is in edit mode, choose "Add apps" under "Installed apps" by selecting Envoy and select "Add"
After the policy has been added, you will need to wait 24-36 hours per Microsoft's guidelines prior to all users receiving policy settings
After the 24-36 hour waiting period, when users sign into Teams, real time events will be passed back into Envoy which will opt new users globally into the Envoy bot
Once you've installed the bot as an admin you can assign the bot to an entire team.
➖If you have a team with everyone in the organization on it, you can go to all apps, find envoy, click the down arrow next to open, and add to a team.
✨ Tip: If you don't do one of the steps above you will see the error
user_not_found next to the Microsoft Teams notification in the entry.
Ready to sign up?
Get started in minutes. No credit card required. See plans and pricing →