Microsoft Teams is a business communication platform developed by Microsoft which allows you to host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone inside or outside your organization or go big with live events.
Envoy will automatically send a Microsoft Teams direct message to your employees when their visitors arrive.
Envoy + Microsoft Teams FAQ
Q: What are the prerequisites for Microsoft Teams?
A: You need a Microsoft Office 365 account to access Teams.
Q: Does the Envoy Bot send a direct message in Teams?
A: Yes, the Envoy Bot will DM directly via chat that you have a visitor. It will not notify the entire Team chat.
Q: I'm seeing the error message
conversationID cannot be null or undefined and it must be a type of string, what does this mean?
A: It means you installed the bot in Microsoft Teams before going through the setup in the dashboard. Please uninstall the Envoy application in Microsoft Teams, go to Integrations > Enabled integrations > Configure on Microsoft Teams, and follow the guide.
Enabling the Envoy + Microsoft Teams integration
- Go to Integrations > All integrations.
- Under host notifications, find Microsoft Teams. Click “Install” and then “Connect Account”.
- Authenticate with Microsoft Office 365. If you are not currently logged into Office 365, you will be prompted to do so.
- Under Step 2 you will see a link to click to install Envoy to Microsoft Teams.
5. Click "Complete setup". And you're done!
6. To receive notifications from the Envoy bot, an employee must be listed with the same email address both in your employee directory and in Microsoft Teams.
• We recommend testing the notification because a notification will be sent for each visitor to their host. On the Envoy Visitors app, sign yourself in as a test visitor, select yourself as the host, and review the notification you receive from the Envoy bot.
- Once you've installed the bot as an admin you can assign the bot to an entire team.
➖If you have a team with everyone in the organization on it, you can go to all apps, find envoy, click the down arrow next to open and add to a team.
- If you don't want to do that you can have each individual employee who wants to get notifications open Teams, go to their apps by clicking the ellipses (pictured above), and find Envoy.
➖It might not be already installed so you will have to search for Envoy where it says "Find an app" then add it.
✨ Tip: If you don't do one of the steps above you will see the error
user_not_found next to the Microsoft Teams notification in the entry.
Ready to sign up?
Get started in minutes. No credit card required. See plans and pricing →