How expiring badges work
Envoy offers expiring badges through the Envoy store. These white badges look and work just like Envoy’s plain white badges, but after 24 hours, a red “VOID” design appears. These badges are compatible with Envoy and the Brother printers.
Expiring badges come as a kit with visitor badges and “VOID” backing stickers that you affix to the back of the badge after it’s printed. Expiring badges are sold as a set: 4 rolls of 250 badges each, and 1,000 “VOID” backing stickers for $275.
Benefits of expiring badges
- It’s easy to see, at a glance, if a visitor is authorized to be on-site at a certain time.
- You have full flexibility to decide what information prints on the badge: visitor name, host name, entry time and date, and any other information your visitors provided during sign-in.
How to use expiring badges
- Ensure badge printing is enabled.
- Load the roll of expiring badges into the printer.
- Sign yourself in as a test visitor.
- When the badge prints, peel the badge from the paper backing.
- Affix the visitor badge to one of the available “VOID” stickers on the expiring sticker sheet.
- Peel the assembled expiring visitor badge from the sticker sheet.
- Give the expiring visitor badge to the visitor.
The badge will appear white for approximately 24 hours, after which time the “VOID” pattern will be clearly visible on the badge.