How Does This Integration Work?
With many options to customize the flow from Envoy to ProWatch, you can configure this integration to create "Badges" in ProWatch for invites, visitors, as well as specific visitor flows restrictions for each.
Before you get started there are a few requirements to be mindful of:
- You must have admin access to your local ProWatch instance.
- The local ProWatch instance must be remotely accessible by Envoy.
- If you are electing to whitelist Envoy's dedicated IPs, any firewalls between your local ProWatch instance must be opened.
The following steps will help you on your way with the Envoy integration for ProWatch by Honeywell.
1. Begin by entering the following information from ProWatch:
- Base URL: This is the remote URL or IP which Envoy can access your ProWatch instance from.
- API Username: This is the ProWatch admin username create for Envoy to access your ProWatch instance via the API.
- API Password: This is the password for the ProWatch admin username created for Envoy to access your ProWatch instance via the API.
2. Visitor Mapping will allow you to map ProWatch badge types to Envoy visitor flows. It's worth noting you can use the "Add Another" button to map multiple ProWatch Badge Types to Envoy Visitor Flows.
- Default Company: This field is required to assign badges in ProWatch, as badges must belong to a company.
- ProWatch Badge Type: Select a ProWatch Badge Type from this field in order to map an Envoy visitor flow in the following field.
- Envoy Visitor Type: This is the final step in mapping a ProWatch Badge Type to an Envoy visitor flow.
3. It will come as no surprise that the "Customization" step will allow you to customize the behavior of the ProWatch integration for Envoy.
- Invite Only: This option will restrict badge-generation in ProWatch to only users which are invited in Envoy.
- Expire existing active cards: This option will expire any existing ProWatch card records for badge holders which already exist in ProWatch when Envoy is assigning a badge.
- Require QR Code: This option will restrict badge creation to only invited guests whom successfully receive a QR code.
- Expire card in ProWatch during sign-out from Envoy: No further explanation required.
- Access Duration: This is the duration which a visitors ProWatch card record will be valid for. It's worth noting that, at this time, ProWatch does not automatically expire badges in spite of the presence of an expiration field.
- Include phone number when available: This option will append the Envoy guest's phone number to their ProWatch badge record when a phone number is provided to Envoy.
- Include e-mail when available: This option will append the Envoy guest's e-mail to their ProWatch badge record when an e-mail is provided to Envoy.
- Include visitor flow name: This option will append the Envoy visitor flow to the ProWatch badge.
- Include "Generated By Envoy" messaging: This option will append the messaging "Generated By Envoy" to ProWatch badge records created / modified by Envoy to easily identify records which were touched by this integration.
4. Badge Fields are offered by ProWatch as containers for data about ProWatch users (e.g., Phone Number). Some of these fields serve dedicated purposes, such as the badge name.
However, this step will allow you to map data from Envoy visitors to specific badge fields based on your ProWatch needs.
- Visitor E-Mail: If the option to append the Envoy visitor's email is enabled in "Customization" then this mapping field will allow you to specify where you would like this data mapped in ProWatch badges.
- Visitor Phone Number: If the option to append the Envoy visitor's phone number is enabled in "Customization" then this mapping field will allow you to specify where you would like this data mapped in ProWatch badges.
- Visitor Flow Type: If the option to append the Envoy visitors flow is enabled in "Customization" then this mapping field will allow you to specify where you would like this data mapped in ProWatch badges.
- Visitor Identifier: This is the Envoy visitor identifier and it is strongly recommended that this field is mapped in such a way that it's not overwritten or otherwise modified by any other integrations you maintain in ProWatch.
- Envoy Messaging: If this option to append the message "Generated By Envoy" is enabled in "Customization" then this mapping field will allow you to specify where you would like this message mapped in ProWatch badges.
The Honeywell Pro-Watch integration in Envoy supports Protect! Options in this integration include:
- Exclude employees from Protect enforcement options for this integration..
- Toggle employee card access during sign-in and sign-out from Protect.
Toggling access will only affect cards in "disabled" or "enabled" status. Card look up is performed based on the "email" field in Pro-Watch.
Please note: in order to utilize card status toggling effectively all enabled cards for employees must first be set to disabled.
Updates of this scale can create large demand on the Pro-Watch platform as updates are pushed across your Honeywell infrastructure. For this reason, please be mindful of these bulk changes and the possible impact on your Pro-Watch integration.
Additionally, if hundreds or thousands of employees will be automatically toggled to "disabled" status at the end of the day by automatic sign-out from Envoy then unexpected bulk updates can occur and cause a similar impact as described above.
Please note: Protect functionality relies on the email field in Pro-Watch. The employee badges in Pro-Watch must have the email field populated with an email which identically corresponds with their employee email in Envoy for this functionality to work.
Should you find any part of this setup confusing or otherwise need assistance, envoy offers several routes for additional support including intercom, email ([email protected]) and a dedicated CSM which can route your support requests.