- How does this integration work?
- Enabling the Envoy + OnGuard integration
- Envoy Protect + OnGuard
- Envoy + OnGuard use cases
OnGuard is a security platform that offers applications relevant to every major industry, tools for integration with any critical business application, and the most extensive device support available anywhere.
How does this integration work?
Envoy will send a record of every visitor who signs in on your kiosk to OnGuard to create visitors and badges, and optionally creates and signs in visits. Visits in OnGuard are assigned a cardholder (employee) for each visit record.
You can configure Envoy to apply a certain Badge type for your Envoy visitor types. You can then use all of OnGuard’s features for your visitors, such as badge provisioning, security alerts, and more.
Enabling the Envoy + OnGuard integration
Note: You’ll need to have admin permissions on your OnGuard account to manage visitors to complete this integration. Either become an administrator or ask your administrator for help before completing these steps:
- Go to Integrations > All integrations.
- Under Building security, find OnGuard and click “Install”.
- Take note of Envoy’s two static IP’s for whitelisting.
- Enter your on-prem IP and port, in the URL field.
- Click "Save Configuration"
- Enter your OnGuard directory login credentials, choose a directory from the drop-down, and click “Next Step.”
- Assign Envoy some or all Visitor types to a predefined Badge Types in OnGuard. This allows certain Envoy visitor types to have pre-defined access to specific doors and or elevators once you assign the visitor a hard badge.
- Optionally: assign a default Badge Type for any Envoy visitor type not configured.
- Optionally: choose to issue badges to registered guests only.
- Optionally: choose to create and sign-in a Visit in OnGuard if the Envoy host email matches a Cardholder within OnGuard.
- Optionally: choose to sign-out the Visit record in OnGuard.
- Click "Complete Setup" to finish the configuration.
Envoy Protect + OnGuard
If your company has Envoy Protect enabled they can edit their existing integration, click on Step 4 Envoy Protect and click the checkbox to enable the "Envoy Protect" option, choose an expiration method (automatic expiry on sign-out), then re-save the integration.
Note: If you haven't yet set up OnGuard, follow the steps from Enabling the Envoy + OnGuard integration first.
DISCLAIMER: Cardholder's badges (employees) are not disabled by default, Envoy did not want to take on the liability to mass disable badge access initially. In order to do this on your own, you will need to set the activation window of all employees badges to disable your cardholders' access. In cases where an employee has multiple badges, note that all badges belonging to that employee would be enabled.
How does it work?
- The employee has answered the preconfigured questions by the Envoy admins.
- They pass screening based on the set of rules
• (i.e. Have you been in contact with someone feeling ill over the past 14 days?)
- The employee will be approved for the next business day
- When they go to the office the next day, the employee will need to "check-in" in order for their credentials to reactivate to allow them to enter the building.
Note: Envoy is not touching the Badge Status field within OnGuard to enable access. We set the Activate and Deactivate dates upon the employees sign in and sign out of Envoy.
❗️Tip: If your company doesn't have Envoy protect, sign up here to become a part of the beta program.
Envoy + OnGuard use cases
Pre-invited guests through Envoy will get registered in OnGuard ahead of time using the arrival date and time. In order to learn more about how to create invites, we have an extensive guide here.
Real-time visitors who are not registered will typically be registered through the iPad Kiosk app. These visitors will become registered visits within OnGuard once they complete sign-in through Envoy. Alternatively, an admin can register visitors through our web Dashboard, with an extensive guide here.
- OnGuard Software Subscription Modules (SWG-XXX)
OnGuard part numbers:
Ready to sign up?
Get started in minutes. No credit card required. See plans and pricing →