How does this integration work?
Envoy will send a record of every visitor who signs in on the iPad into the Avigilon event log. Envoy will automatically create an identity in Avigilon for each new visitor.
You can configure Envoy to apply a certain identity type, site location, building and/or role for your visitor records. You can then utilize all of Avigilon’s features for your visitors, such as badge provisioning, security alerts and more.
Enabling the Envoy + Avigilon integration
Note: You’ll need to be an admin on your Avigilon account to complete this integration. Either become an admin or ask your admin for help before completing these steps:
In order for the integration to work and connect to your Avigilon instance, please whitelist the following IP address:
- Go to Integrations > All integrations.
- Under Building security, find Avigilon.
- Enter your Avigilon account login credentials, and click “next step.”
- 4. Enter information about how you would like visitors to be assigned Identities in Avigilon. The identity type and identity role are required.
• Optionally, you can choose to add a site location and building.
5. Sign yourself in as a test visitor to ensure that your visitor entry is sent to the Avigilon event log.
6. Log into your Avigilon instance.
7. Your test visitor record will appear in the event log.
• Note: Visitor name will appear in the source column and the last name and first name columns correspond to your Avigilon admin name.
8. You can search for all of your visitors based on the identity type.
9. You can also examine and adjust each visitor’s individual identity.