Salesforce is the world’s #1 Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. They have cloud-based applications for sales, service, marketing, and more.
How does this integration work?
Envoy will create one or multiple objects (e.g. Accounts, Contacts, Tasks) in Salesforce when visitors sign in, based on the rules you set within Envoy’s “Salesforce Rules Manager”.
You have the flexibility to create any object (including custom objects) within your Salesforce instance when visitors sign in. You also have the ability to easily map Envoy sign-in fields to Salesforce fields when these objects are created.
Note: Enterprise or Unlimited Salesforce plan required. Learn more about Salesforce plans.
Enabling the Envoy + Salesforce integration
Note: You’ll need to be an admin on your Salesforce account to complete this integration. Either become an admin or ask your admin for help before completing these steps:
- Go to Integrations > All integrations.
- Under Sales and marketing, find Salesforce. Click “Install.”
- On the Connect Account step, input your Salesforce credentials to authenticate.
- Once authenticated, you will be taken to the Salesforce Rules Manager, where you will input the rules that will determine which Salesforce objects are created.
- If you have different Visitor Types, you can have each Visitor Type create a different object in Salesforce. For example, Visitor Type 1 can create an Account in Salesforce, while Visitor Type 2 can create a Lead.
- You can create relationships between separate rules. For example, you can have one rule that creates or updates a Salesforce Account, and then you can have another rule that creates or updates a Salesforce Contact that is then associated with that Account with the relationship feature.
- There is no limit to how many rules you can have, but an error will surface if the rule logic is incompatible.