- How does this integration work?
- Enabling the Envoy + Kisi integration
- How Envoy Visitors entries look in Kisi
- How Kisi notifications look in your email
- Envoy Protect + Kisi
Automatically on and off-board visitor access to your facilities with the Kisi and Envoy integration for visitors.
How does this integration work?
The Envoy + Kisi integration streamlines access control for visitors. With customization options, you're in control to decide not only which visitor flows receive access but also the level of access they are granted.
Envoy will generate temporary permission shares in Kisi for your enabled visitors based on your criteria with automatic expiration, enforced by permission expiration in Kisi and customization in Envoy. Kisi access is emailed by Kisi to permitted visitor flows based on the email they provide during sign in.
Enabling the Envoy + Kisi integration
Note: You will need administrative or group manage access in Kisi to complete this integration. Ensure you have sufficient access or work with a local administrator before proceeding with the following steps:
1. Copy the API "Secret" from your Kisi Admin panel.
• If you do not see a secret key, look for a link titled "Show API Secret Key" below the Kisi admin username.
2. Navigate to the Kisi for Envoy integration, go to Integrations > All integrations in the Envoy dashboard and click "Install" on the Kisi integration.
3. In the "API Key" step, paste the Kisi API Secret which you copied in step one.
4. The "Places" step allows you to determine which Kisi places (and their related groups from Kisi) should be available in the next step.
5. Within the "Visitor Access" step you can assign Kisi groups to individual visitor flows in Envoy. Note: Visitor flows that do not have a Kisi group mappings will not receive Kisi credentials.
6. The "Customization" step allows you to finalize the integration and define basic behavior, this includes the following:
- ONLY ALLOW INVITED GUESTS: Toggling this option on will restrict Kisi permission creation to only visitors with an invite, at time of invite. When this option is toggled off both impromptu visitors and invited visitors receive Kisi access, based on their Visitor Flow in Envoy.
- ACCESS DURATION: This is the length of time the Kisi permission will work for. After the access duration expires the Kisi permission will be terminated.
- ADVANCE ACCESS: This option is intended for invited visitors who may need time prior to the scheduled meeting to navigate to the meeting room. This can extend to areas where visitors may need access to enter a larger building or parking garage.
- SIGN OUT: Toggling this option will allow Kisi permission to immediately expire upon visitor sign out in Envoy, regardless of the duration defined in "Access Duration". When this option is toggled off access will only automatically expire at the end of the duration defined in "Access Duration".
- APP ACCESS: Toggling this option on will grant "app access" to Kisi members created by Envoy.
- ENVOY GUEST INDICATOR: Toggling this option on will postpend " (Envoy Guest)" to visitos created by the Kisi / Envoy integration.
Envoy Protect + Kisi
If your company has Envoy Protect enabled they can edit their existing Kisi integration, click on Step 3 Envoy Protect and click the checkbox to enable the "Envoy Protect" option. After they do that they go ahead and re-save the integration.
Note: If you haven't yet set up the integration, follow the steps from Enabling the Envoy + Kisi integration first.
✨ Kisi's users (employees) are not disabled by default, Envoy did not want to take on the liability to mass disable user accounts. In order to do this on your own, you will need to set Suspend Access to true in order to disable your users' access. ✨
How does it work?
- The employee has answered the preconfigured questions by the Envoy admins.
- They pass screening based on the set of rules
• (i.e. Have you been in contact with someone feeling ill over the past 14 days?)
- The employee will be approved for the next business day
- When they go to the office the next day, the employee will need to "check-in" in order for their credentials to reactivated to allow them to enter the building.
❗️Tip: If your company doesn't have Envoy protect, sign up here to become a part of the beta program.
How Envoy Visitors entries look in Kisi
In the example below, individual visitors are listed per group in Kisi. This list can be found in Kisi under the Home > Your Place > Groups menu.
How Kisi notifications look in your e-mail
Ready to sign up?
Get started in minutes. No credit card required. See plans and pricing →