Genetec Security Center is the unified security platform from Genetec that blends IP security systems within a single intuitive interface to simplify your operations. From access control, video surveillance, and automatic license plate recognition to communications, intrusion detection, and analytics, Security Center empowers your organization through enhanced situational awareness, unified command and control, and connectivity to the cloud.
How does this integration work?
Envoy will send a record of every visitor who signs in on your kiosk to Genetec as a visitor to automatically create an identity within the Security Desk.
You can configure Envoy to apply a certain Cardholder group for your visitor types. You can then use all of Genetec’s features for your visitors, such as badge provisioning, security alerts, and more.
Enabling the Envoy + Genetec integration
Note: You’ll need to have sufficient permission on your Genetec account to manage visitors to complete this integration. Either become an administrator or ask your administrator for help before completing these steps:
- Go to Integrations > All integrations.
- Under Building security, find Genetec Security Center and click “Install”.
- Take note of Envoy’s two static IP’s for whitelisting.
- Enter your on-prem IP and port, or URL.
- Enter your Genetec account login credentials, and click “Save Configuration.”
- Assign Envoy some or all Visitor type to a predefined cardholder group. This allows certain Envoy visitor types to have pre-defined access to specific doors and or elevators once you assign the visitor a hard badge.
- Log into your Genetec Security Center.
- Your test visitor record will appear in the Visitor management section.
- Optional, choose whether to only have invited guests to be synced with Genetec and/or to sync up signing out with Envoy.
Envoy Protect + Genetec
If your company has Envoy Protect enabled they can edit their existing Genetec integration, click on Step 3 Envoy Protect and click the checkbox to enable the "Envoy Protect" option. After they do that they go ahead and re-save the integration.
Note: If you haven't yet set up the integration, follow the steps from Enabling the Envoy + Genetec Integration first.
How does it work?
- The employee has answered the preconfigured questions by the Envoy admins.
- They pass screening based on the set of rules
• (i.e. Have you been in contact with someone feeling ill over the past 14 days?)
- The employee will be approved for the next business day
- When they go to the office the next day, the employee will need to "check-in" in order for their credentials to reactivated to allow them to enter the building.
❗️Tip: If your company doesn't have Envoy protect, sign up here to become a part of the beta program.
- Genetec will need to activate the following product part number: GSC-1SDK-ENVOY-Visitors.
Ready to sign up?
Get started in minutes. No credit card required. See plans and pricing →