How does this integration work?
Envoy will send employees a private Cisco Webex Teams message when their visitors arrive. If the visitor is a Webex Teams user, Envoy can optionally create a chat room between the employee and visitor.
Enabling the Envoy + Cisco Webex Teams integration
Note: You’ll need to be an admin on your Cisco Webex Teams account to complete this integration. Either become an admin or ask your admin for help before completing these steps:
- Go to Integrations > All integrations.
- Under host notifications, find Cisco Webex Teams and click “Install.”
- (Optional) Choose if you’d like to:
- Create Webex Teams: This option allows two-way communication between the visitor and the host. The new space is only visible to the visitor 1) if they are a Webex Team user and 2) if you collect their email address during sign-in.
- Include photo with message: This option adds the visitor photo to the Webex Teams host notification.
4. Click “Complete setup.”
5. Once you’ve installed the integration, host notifications will begin sending.
- Each employee that wishes to receive Cisco Webex Teams notifications must have an active Webex Team account, and their Webex Team email must match their email listed in the Envoy employee directory.
- If you chose to enable the two-way chat feature in step 3 above, visitors with Cisco Webex Team can communicate directly with their host in a new space.