Create a watch list to notify your team when certain people—like VIPs—sign-in. Add names, email addresses, or other keywords to “watch,” and if a visitor’s information matches, the people you specify will receive a notification.
To prevent unwanted visitors from receiving invites and signing in, we recommend adding them to your block list instead. If someone on your block list attempts to visit, Envoy will not print them a badge or notify their host of their arrival until an administrator approves the visit.
How watch list works
All visitors will sign in with the normal sign-in flow and a visitor entry will be created. The badge will print and host notification will send. Your watch list contact(s) will be notified that a visitor matched the block list.
Setting up watch list
Step 1: Enable watch list
- Go to Visitors > Settings > Security.
- Find Watch list notifications and click “Enable.”
Step 2: Add watch list keywords
Watch list notifications will be triggered based on the information you provide to Envoy. You can provide names, email addresses, and phone numbers. Just put each on their own line.
Note: At this time there is not an option to add company names to the watch list.
- Lines with an @ will be treated as email addresses or email domains. You can add specific email addresses or just the domain:
- Adding [email protected] will send an alert every time a visitor signs in with that specific email address; adding @company.com will send an alert every time anyone with that domain signs in.
- Lines with all numbers will be treated as a phone number.
- Adding 415-555-5555 will send an alert every time a visitor signs in with that specific phone number; adding just 415 will send an alert for anyone with those numbers in their phone number.
- All other entries will be treated as visitor names.
- Adding Grey Ryer, will send an alert every time a visitor signs in with that full name.
Step 3: Assign a watch list contact
- Locate Watch list notification.
- Assign a watchlist contact by typing an email address and/or phone number (for SMS) to receive your watch list notifications.