How does this integration work?
You can depend on the simplicity of Envoy with the Aruba Central integration. With the option to customize your work flow, Envoy will create credentials in Aruba Central for your location when visitors sign in.
Note: for this integration to work conveniently, your visitors should provide either a phone number or e-mail.
Enabling the Aruba Central integration in Envoy
There are a few simple requirements in Aruba Central which you must observe in order for Envoy to issue credentials to visitors.
1. Splash pages must meet the following criteria. You will not be able to select splash pages during setup if they do not conform to the following:
- Create a splash page in Aruba Central under “Guests" → "Splash Pages” and set the authentication type to “Authenticated”
- Choose “Username/Password”
- Don’t check the self-registration portion, only use the authentication (middle option on the top slider I believe).
- Choose default “Session Timeout” (defaults to 8 hours)
- The splash page layout customizable to your convenience.
1. API Access
- Base URL: Envoy needs to know where to send information when we're creating credentials in Aruba Central. The Base URL can be found in Aruba Central at "Account Home" → "API Gateway" → "APIs". This section will show two API urls listed in "All Published APIs". You can copy and paste either URL into the Base URL field.
- API Token Blob: Aruba provides everything an external party, like Envoy, will need to make automated requests on your behalf in their "Token Blob". You can copy the blob from "Account Home" → "API Gateway" → "My Apps & Tokens". Here you will find a "Token List".
- Go ahead and generate a new token by clicking "+ Add Apps & Tokens". Make sure the setup looks like this:
- After generating your new token you will see it listed in "Token List". Click "Download Token", which will open a new page with a API Token Blob in it. Copy the blob into the "API Token Blob" field in Envoy and proceed to the next step.
The Token Blob should be similar to the following:
"appname": "Envoy Rocks",
"authenticated_userid": "[email protected]",
2. Splash Pages
- Select your desired splash page from the drop-down of splash pages. It's important to note that this will be configured for your location. You can set up the Aruba Central integration on each location.
Note: If you see your splash page but cannot select it then this indicates the splash page does not conform to our requirements. You can revisit our "Requirements" section in this article for more information.
The visitors panel gives you several options to customize the Aruba Central integration in Envoy:
- Select the visitor types you would like to issue credentials to.
- Restrict WiFi access to only visitors which were invited.
- Select a default access duration for WiFi credentials issued by this integration.
- Expire WiFi credentials upon sign-out from Envoy
Credentials generated by Envoy will follow this format, based on the visitor information and configuration set up in Envoy: