If your team uses LDAP to maintain your internal directory, you can automatically keep your Envoy employee directory up to date. This process has three main parts, outlined below.
If you or your IT team have questions about this process, feel free to contact us.
Step 1: Set up and export your CSV
- Run a command to export your employee directory into a CSV.
- Format your CSV as follows:The CSV file should contain the employee’s name, email address and cell phone number. You can also assign an assistant by listing the assistant’s email address in the final column.Your file must follow this syntax: Full Name, [email protected], 555-555-5555, [email protected]
- Export the CSV.
Step 2: Run the script
- Find the API key for your location on the Visitors > Settings > Account page under Advanced.
- Run this command from your terminal or your preferred shell:curl -F [email protected] https://app.envoy.com/api/configuration/employee_list?api_key=YOUR_API_KEY_HERE
- You need to replace test.csv with the name of your CSV file and YOUR_API_KEY_HERE with your API key. If the file is in a different folder you’ll have to also include the path to that file.
Step 3: Schedule the script to run automatically
The easiest way to do this is using a cronjob. To learn more about setting up a cronjob, check out this quick reference. This example will upload the CSV of your employee directory to Envoy every day at 9:00am.
- Type crontab -e in Terminal.app
- Paste in: 00 9 \\\* \\\* \\\* curl -F [email protected] https://app.envoy.com/api/configuration/employee_list?api_key=YOUR_API_KEY_HERE
- Type :wq and press enter.
Ready to sign up?
Get started in minutes. No credit card required. See plans and pricing →