- How manually adding employees works
- Ways to manually add employees
- How to manually add employees to synced directory
- Deleting manually added employees
- Managing locations for manually added employees
How manually adding employees works
Directory integrations allow you to sync employee records from a directory management platform (Active Directory, G Suite, Okta, OneLogin, etc.) into your Envoy directory automatically. But if you employ contractors or temps, or if you often have employees moving from one location to another, you may need more flexibility.
This feature works in two ways. First, it lets you create new employees from outside your organization. Then, it makes it easy to add existing employees to any location in your company.
Benefits of manually adding employees
- More flexibility to customize any location’s directory.
- Ability to add employees to the Envoy directory without adding to your directory management platform.
- Allows you to grant administrator privileges to people who are not in your directory management platform. This can be especially helpful for security contractors who need access to visitor logs or the security dashboard.
Ways to manually add employees
There are two ways to manually add employees:
Create a new employee lets you add someone who’s not in your directory management platform to your Envoy directory.
- Example: A company is syncing their G Suite directory to Envoy. They hire a temporary employee at their HQ location. The administrator can manually add the new temp to their HQ location’s directory.
Add from another location lets you add any existing employee to any other location(s).
- Example 1: The temp from the example above will now be working at two different locations. The Envoy administrator at the second location can choose “Add from another location” to easily add the temp to their location’s directory, too.
- Example 2: A full-time employee from out of town is coming to the HQ office. Since they are synced to their home location’s directory, the HQ administrator can choose “Add from another location” and temporarily add the synced employee to the HQ directory. When the traveling employee returns to their home office, the HQ administrator can remove them from the HQ directory.
How to manually add employees to synced directory
Creating a new employee
- Go to Employee directory > All employees.
- Click “Add employee”.
- Choose "Create new" from the dropdown.
4. Type in the new employees email and name. It’s optional to include their cell phone number and/or assistant.
5. If you’d like to hide them from the Visitors or Deliveries kiosks for any reason, you have the option to use the toggle here.
• Employees with the toggle in the “on” position will appear.
• Employees with the toggle in the “off” position will not appear.
6. Click “Save.”
7. The new employee will appear in your directory with the blue Manually added tag.
Note: You can also filter your employees by manually added or synced.
Adding an employee from another location
- Go to Employee directory > All employees.
- Click “Add employee".
- Choose "Add from another location" from the dropdown.
4. In the Name field, type to search the employees name.
5. Select their name.
• Their contact information will fill in automatically. It will appear grey and un-editable.
6. If you’d like to hide them from the Visitors or Deliveries kiosks for any reason, you have the option to use the toggle here.
• Employees with the toggle in the “on” position will be able to be selected as a host on the Visitor kiosk.
• Employees with the toggle in the “off” position will not be able to be selected as a host on the Visitor kiosk.
7. Click “Save”.
• The new employee will appear in your directory with the blue Manually added tag.
Deleting manually added employees
Note: Deleting manually added employees can affect other location’s directories.
If a manually added employee is in multiple location’s directories, clicking “Delete” on their employee record will delete the employee from all locations. As a best practice, we recommend managing their locations using the steps below.
Managing locations for manually added employees
Every employee record has an Employee’s locations section. This easy reference list shows all of the the directories the employee is in. You can also use this section to add or remove an employee from multiple locations at once.
- Go to a manually added employee’s record.
- Locate the Employee’s locations section, and view the list of locations they’re associated with.
- If you need to add or remove this employee from certain location’s directories, you can edit the list. To do so, click “Edit.”
- click the check box beside the location's name. Select as many locations as desired, then click “Remove from locations".
- Click “Remove” when prompted.
To add this employee to other locations
- Click Edit on the Employee's locations.
- Click “Add a location”.
- Choose the desired location name from the dropdown.
• Continue until all desired locations are added.
- Click "Done".