How does this integration work?
Envoy offers a small suite of printers, including the more recent Brother QL-820NWB. What if you already have printers — or you just don't like the cut of the Brother's jib? Whatever your reason, cloud printing through ezeep could be the solution you're looking for.
This solution allows you to use cloud printing on the hardware you already own. As long as you have a device to run the local software and driver support for your printers then the sky is the limit. Take your badge printing to new heights!
In order for Envoy to share badges with your print hardware, you will have to configure your printers within Envoy's ezeep instance. It's a simple flow and the following steps will help walk you through the setup.
1. Create an account - Begin the installation and setup by adding the cloud printing integration to your company in Envoy. The first step in the setup will allow you to define your new credentials within Envoy's instance. Take a moment to securely store your new credentials; they're inaccessible to Envoy and not stored in our system.
2. Map Printers - If you don't already have your printers configured in your new cloud printing account in Envoy's instance, go ahead and follow this video tutorial from ezeep (or these written instructions). Once your printers are configured you can go ahead and proceed with printer mapping in Envoy.
This step will allow you to map cloud printers to specific Envoy locations. When visitors sign in their badge data will be captured by Envoy's dedicated electric pixies and carried through the cloud to a locally connected printer.
If you're an Envoy customer then you already know your support is our priority — whether it be through our easy-to-access intercom bubble, email, or your dedicated CSM. Whatever your preferred means of communication just know we're here to make your cloud printing dreams come true.
- IP whitelisting: Ezeep does not route traffic through a static IP, therefore you will need to allow all traffic through *.ezeep.com to account for all subdomains
- Data retention: Ezeep does not store or keep any of the documents or content therein. Pending print jobs in their backend are kept for up to 7 days. Print jobs and documents are deleted automatically by scheduled deletion processes in the ezeep Cloud. Metadata about print jobs are kept for as long as the user associated with the metadata resides in the system. It is retained in anonymized form afterward.
- Printers supported: Ezeep technology is built to support any network capable printers.