How does this integration work?
Envoy offers a small suite of printers, including the more recent Brother QL-820NWB. What if you already have printers — or you just don't like the Brother printers? Whatever your reason, cloud printing through eZeep could be the solution you're looking for.
This solution allows you to use cloud printing on the hardware you already own. As long as you have a device to run the local eZeep software as well as driver support for your printers then you have new printing options.
In order for Envoy to share badges with your print hardware you will have to configure your printers with Envoy's cloud printing setup. It's a simple flow and the following steps will help walk you through the setup.
1. Create an account - Begin the installation and setup by adding the cloud printing integration to your company in Envoy. The first step in the setup will allow you to define your new Cloud Printing Admin.
You can expect to receive a password reset email from eZeep for your new Cloud Printing Admin account.
2. Cloud Printers - If you don't already have printers configured in your new cloud printing account then go ahead and follow this video tutorial from eZeep (or these written instructions). Once your printers are configured you can proceed with printer mapping in Envoy.
This step will allow you to map cloud printers from eZeep to specific Envoy locations. When visitors sign in to Envoy their badge data will be translated to a 7:4 aspect ratio badge (e.g., 102mm by 59mm) and submitted to eZeep.
You can also find details about prints for individual visitors on their visitor details page
If you're an Envoy customer then you already know your support is our priority — whether it be through our easy-to-access intercom bubble, email, or your dedicated CSM. Whatever your preferred means of communication just know we're here to make your cloud printing dreams come true.
- IP whitelisting: Ezeep does not route traffic through a static IP, therefore you will need to allow all traffic through *.ezeep.com to account for all subdomains
- Data retention: Ezeep does not store or keep any of the documents or content therein. Pending print jobs in their backend are kept for up to 7 days. Print jobs and documents are deleted automatically by scheduled deletion processes in the ezeep Cloud. Metadata about print jobs are kept for as long as the user associated with the metadata resides in the system. It is retained in anonymized form afterward. ThinPrint Data Privacy Statement
- Printers supported: Ezeep technology is built to support any network capable printers, it just needs 3 things:
• A printer connected to your computer that works
• An internet connection
• You can run eZeep’s software