How ID check works
Since many offices require visitors to present identification, the ID check feature can help you record ID checks directly from your visitor log. Once the visitor signs in, you’ll see an option on your visitor log to “Mark ID as checked.” Ask them to present their ID, view it, then click that button. Once you click, you’ll see Checked appear on their visitor entry.
This feature is enabled per visitor type. In the example above, this company only requires ID check for meetings but not for contractors. When a contractor signs in, their ID check status is Not required.
Benefits of ID check
- Keep track of whose ID was checked, whose ID was not checked, and when an ID check was not required.
- The status of an ID check is added to your visitor log, meaning it gets saved with the rest of your visitor data.
- ID check status appears on dashboard and in data exports—especially handy for audits and compliance!
Enabling ID check
- Go to Visitors > Settings > Sign-in flow.
- Select the visitor type you wish to edit.
- Select ID requirements from the top navigation.
- Locate ID check, and toggle it to the on position.
Global, Location, and Front Desk Admins will see the “Mark ID as checked” button when logged in.
Employees cannot check IDs for their own visitors. However, they can view the status of their visitors’ ID check in the visitor log.
A visitor’s ID must be re-checked upon every visit. Even if a visitor has signed in at your location before, Envoy does not “retain” their ID check status.
Other ID requirements
We know that manual ID check is just one way you keep track of your visitor’s identification requirements. If you are looking forward to ID scanning or other security features, please let us know! We’d love to hear from you.