- How does this integration work?
- Enabling the Envoy + Google Drive integration
- Setting up file sharing
- How signed legal documents look
How does this integration work?
Envoy integrates with Google Drive, making it simple to save signed legal documents and easily share them with your team. Once the integration is enabled, a PDF of each signed legal document will be automatically uploaded to the folder of your choice.
Note: If you have multiple visitor types, legal documents for all visitor types will file to the same folder.
Enabling the Envoy + Google Drive integration
Note: Files will be stored in your Google Drive, so it is not necessary to hold a higher administrator position. If multiple people on your team need access to your signed legal documents, you can adjust the sharing settings to the folder where they’re stored. However, you may consider authenticating with an admin G Suite account to prevent the need to re-enable the integration should the original authenticator leave your company, as the legal document folder is tied to the initial authenticator’s personal Google Drive unless re-enabled.
- Go to Integrations > All integrations.
- Under File sharing, find Google Drive. Click “Install.”
- If prompted, log in to your Google account.
- When asked if envoy.com can view and manage files and folders created by this app, click the “Allow” button.
5. Under Choose where to file signed legal documents, type the folder name or file path for the folder where your legal documents should be stored. Make sure there are minimal spaces in the folder name/file paths being used which can cause issues setting up the integration.
- In this example, signed legal documents will get stored in a folder called NDA Folder. You can have a folder within a folder. When you go to select it the path would look like
/envoy/NDA folderdepending on what your folders are called.
6. Click “Save Configuration”.
Setting up file sharing
When you enable this integration, the folders will be created in your Google Drive. If other people on your team need access to these signed legal documents, you’ll want to adjust the folder’s sharing preferences.
Read Google’s guide to learn more about file and folder sharing in Google Drive.
How signed legal documents look
Signed legal documents will file into the designated Google Drive folder as a PDF file. The PDF file name contains the visitor’s entry date and the visitor’s name, making it easy to find a specific file when you need it. If any legal documents fail to sync, they can be retrieved in the Visitor log by clicking on the visitor’s name and then clicking the “PDF” icon to download.