This article outlines how to configure your administrator team using Envoy’s admin roles. To get started with admin roles, your directory will need to be configured. To learn more about the Envoy directory, please read our About the directory article; to learn more about specific roles and their permissions, please read our About admin roles article.
Tip: You'll add and delete admin roles manually, even if you're using a directory integration to sync your Envoy directory.
Assigning an admin role
Click “New admin”.
3. Type the name of the employee you’d like to assign to a role.
• Remember, the person has to have an employee record before assigning them to an admin role.
4. Select their location from the dropdown.
• You have the option to assign this role across multiple locations. Once you select the role you will check off any location you want them to have that role at.
• If you have set up groups you can also assign the admin role for that person for the group of locations.
5. Select their role.
6. Click “Invite.”
The employee you’ve assigned will receive an email from Envoy. This email will prompt them to accept their new admin role. Once they click “Accept” in the email, they’ll be granted new permissions on their dashboard.
Deleting an admin role
Locate the admin you’d like to remove, and click “Edit.”
Click the X beside each role you’d like to remove.
Tip: If you need to remove all of their permissions, you'll need to click the X beside to each role.
Changing an admin’s permissions
You can change an admin’s permissions by clicking “Edit” on their admin role card.
You will choose a new role, and then select the applicable location(s).
An admin can only have one location based role per location. You cannot be a location admin + front desk admin at the same location. If you need to give different permissions for a specific location, delete the original role for that location and then add a new role.
A location admin can give location based roles for the location they are an admin for.